Sunday, September 13, 2009

Put Into Practice

I long to see those I love come to the Lord. My last post was all about how knowing scripture is a great thing, but knowing the Lord is so much more valuable. To be honest, I haven't had much practice at sharing the Gospel with people and have therefore felt inadequate in the earlier stages of my faith, thinking I was doing something wrong, or that I wasn't "holy" enough. But now, being more mature in my faith, it's easy to see my past errors. Today I got to share the love of Christ with someone who is very dear to me. It's one thing to write about how experiences can or should go, but it's quite another to see them 'put into practice.' It was a very humbling experience just sharing what Christ has done in my life, and sharing my knowledge of the Word. But the greatest thing hands down was knowing that it wasn't me who said any of it, what I mean is, the Spirit took care of it all. When you completely trust in the Lord and give everything to Him it's so much simpler to understand that He is the only thing worth living for and that He is the only good that ever comes out. Letting myself be less so that He can be more is an amazing feeling when it happens. You feel as if the weight of your past burdens are lifted from you because you know that they are taken care of if you can just trust (i.e. it's in His hands).

For many, trust is a big issue, mostly because they don't trust themselves enough and therefore, project their own problems on others when in all actuality it's really them doing it. If you can't trust yourself you'll never be able to trust someone else. Just like the saying goes: "you can't help someone who doesn't want to help themselves." Deny yourself and take up your cross and walk with the Lord. It's so hard to deny yourself each day to do what is asked of you, but it's so rewarding letting Christ do His work in you. The only thing in the way of us becoming completely like Christ is ourselves. In the end it's you who stands in His way of having your whole heart.

So now, I challenge you to deny yourself, to get in the Word each day, and to know Christ. Trust in Him and He WILL take care of you. He has worked wonders in my life and has worked wonders for many others I know. He's waiting for you. Will you allow Him to do His mighty work and change you from the inside out? I encourage you to let Him; it'll be the greatest decision you ever make.

2 comments:

Hudson said...

Amen, brotha. Proud of you for sharing with your friend. I hope at least some seeds were planted and that you'll get to see the fruit from it at some point.

A. Elly said...

As I read what you have shared it immediately makes me think of how God gave us ALL a conscience - and through our reading His word we make choices (right or wrong). Your being 'young' with your faith was His purpose until YOU were ready to share ... and with your born-given thoughts feel more comfortable sharing the Word you read with others. To be absorbed and not spread your inner feelings and thoughts keeps you from the BIGGER plan God has for you (i.e., writing, screenplays, etc) so allow your sharing but remember to walk with a Bible "spreading the Word" doesn't allow your wings to spread to their fullest potiental. Let your heart, which God gave you, lead you in different directions of your Bigger Plan for life.

With one hand you have your faith ... in the other hand is your awesome ability to share with others (not just spoken but with actions). Let it flow through you and bless those that wish to SEE your actions. :o)