Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Doer of the Word

I am writing this post after an amazing 24 hour period of watching God completely orchestrate the day and seeing so many things come together, not just for me, but for nearly everyone that I came in contact with today. God is good!!!

This morning, sitting in class, I finally understood what it meant to submit and give myself over to Christ. I have said the words so many times: "God take my life, make me a new creation... etc." the prayer goes on and on. But today, God showed me his true colors. Finally once I started listening to that little voice telling me what I should or should not do He led me down a path that opened my eyes to seeing His love for me, His mercy for me, and His never ending grace in my life. It's so much easier when you just listen! "I have ways to prosper you and not to harm you." (Jeremiah 29: 11) When you finally understand that Christ is a reality, when you stop looking because He's been there, right in front of you the whole time! Gosh I can't believe the realness I've seen today. God is good!!!

The Lord has brought so many great people into my life and lately the struggles of myself and another brother in Christ of mine have really shown me the meaning of giving my heart to Christ. "Christ has been telling me the whole time I just didn't want to listen - when are you going to stop giving your heart to the things of this world and start giving it to me?" That just breaks my heart knowing that whatever pain you've ever gone through, I mean really just think of the worst moment in your life, that's how Christ feels about you every second that you aren't living for Him. He's just broken, on His knees waiting for you to open your eyes and see that He loves you with everything He is. "He humbled Himself and became obedient to death - even death on a cross!" (Philippians 2: 8) He did that for us!

At 9:11 A.M. on May 19, 2009 I put myself in God's hands, I'm His forever. I can finally say that I am a doer of the Word (James 1: 22-25) I can't wait to see what He has in store for me tomorrow! I pray for everyone who will read this and who won't that you would "find the joy in your life" if you haven't already - Jesus Christ. And may God bless you. God is good!!!

No comments: